It’s Not Writer’s Block –

Although the last time I blogged was March 21st. and the last time I wrote was March 31st.

It’s Not a Mid-Life Crisis – although I did celebrate a birthday and I turned 51.

It’s Not Spring Fever…Although for the first time ever – Minnesota experienced a March with no snow.

It’s Not Lack of Time – I still have 24 hours in a day and my kids are no longer living at home.

No the only explanation I can find is … Parker’s Butt.

After 40 hours of sitting behind a computer and answering the phone, “Manager’s Office, Christine speaking,” I find the idea of sitting down distasteful. And when given a moment a free time, I hoola hoop, go to Pilates, pluck dandelions, go for long walks and occasionally do enough laundry to get me through another 40 hours of “Manager’s Office, Christine speaking.”

I even paid to have my Aura read, hoping to discover a cure for Parker’s Butt – but the only thing I learned was I’m yellow – very creative…but low on energy – which is the number one symptom of Parker’s Butt.

Now this isn’t the first time I experience Parker’s Butt – a long, long time ago I had a husband and he took one look at me and said, “You know what your problem is?”

Being Young and Naïve, I shook my head, opened my eyes wider and waited for enlightenment.

He voice was steady and sure. “You are afraid of success.”

For many years I thought that I had a strange defect and that I was afraid of succeeding…until the day I realized … I wasn’t afraid of success and I wasn’t afraid of rejection. I wrote and I submitted a number of writing projects – some were accepted and some were not.

Now a person who is afraid of success – would stick all of their writing in a drawer – or on an external hard drive…but not me I was submitting my work – clearly I was not afraid of success…

If my ex-husband had any insight fifteen years ago he would have said, “Honey, the only thing wrong with you…is a little Parker’s Butt.”

If I could park my butt down in a chair – I could write.

So, first thing tomorrow, I’m going to start looking for a cure for Parker’s Butt.

Tonight’s blog was accomplished with the following aids… Big Bowl of Popcorn and Little Glass of Wine.

Tomorrow, I might try Big Glass of Wine and Little Bowl of Popcorn…

Stayed tuned to see how this author cures her Parker’s Butt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP and Smell The Roses...

Chance Meeting