What makes a good friend?

June 9, 2011

What makes a good friend?

Sometimes it is a person who can listen more than they talk and for some people that’s a pet. But my experience as a pet owner has me believing otherwise. Ruth a jack-a-poo had selective hearing, she could hear me eat a marshmallow and appear within an instant, but if I said, “Want to go for a walk and hear about my day?” The dog disappeared and even the sound of additional marshmallows being eaten couldn't coax her from her hiding spot. So, sometimes a good friend is just someone who is willing to hang out with you.

June 8, 2011

What makes you miserable?

Gossiping, no good ever comes from telling another person about someone else’s flaws or short comings. I love to hear stories and I love to tell stories, but when the main point of the story is show another person in a negative light, or to feel better about yourself, or to gain favor with the listener … it’s wrong – unless of course it’s fiction.

All is fair in fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP and Smell The Roses...

Chance Meeting