As forgiving as a woman in love - is the attitude I have adopted for losing 20 pounds and writing a NYT Best Seller.
A woman in love only sees what she wants to see, which means, I had a very successful week.
One night instead of microwave popcorn, I made a large bowl of air popped popcorn and used a packet of TrueLime for seasoning. Am I awesome, or what.
Besides demonstrating self control, I showed I am capable of change. I also did two sets of arm exercises with an 8 pound bar.
Bring out the balloons and the party horns, things are getting better every day. I already forgot about the free samples of candy at Costco, the two glasses of IPA at the bar, and the Pinot Noir.
Never mind the naysayers. I know this time will be different. I will be in the 20 percent of people who manage to lose weight and keep it off.
And this week I will also add bladder control exercises because when I get to the nursing home, I don’t want to wear absorbent undergarments.
The following exercises were provided to me from my daughter the Occupational Therapist.
1) Sitting in a chair squeeze pillow/ball between your knees and hold for 5 seconds, repeat 10 times.
2) Still seated in a chair wrap thera-band around legs and spread knees apart. Hold 5 seconds, repeat 10 times.
3) Stand up and complete 10 mini squats
4) Suck in your stomach - hold 5 seconds, complete 10 times.
5) Squeeze your bottom/butt muscles and suck in your stomach - hold 5 seconds, complete 10 times.
6) hold in your muscles like you REALLY have to go to the bathroom & you try holding it in - hold 5 secs, complete 10 times.