No Reason Why

"There is no reason why...You can't be safe," my mom would say to my children as they climbed on tables and the back of the sofa.

So, this year I am saying to myself. There is no reason why.. I can't be fit and healthy.

Of course, I can come up with a lot of excuses for giving into late night cravings:

Hormones - this worked when I was younger, too many hormones and now that I'm older, not enough hormones.

Cravings - I have no willpower.

Metabolism - My metabolism has slowed down. I  don't eat half as much as I use to and I am gaining weight.

Emotional Support - I am bored, tired, anxious, happy, sad, etc.

The good thing is I am in the majority. In 2011-2012  the Center for Disease and Control stated the percentage of overweight adults, including obesity is 69%.

So, the first week of having my vision board has not cured my cravings, increased my willpower or sped up my metabolism.

But, what has changed is I am working on posture, balance and breathing.

I am going to build a good foundation for my fit and healthy body.

My vision for the future does not include me as a rounded old woman who can not hold her head up,  a woman with increased hip, knee and neck pain, or a person at increased risk for falling.

This week I will continue to correct my posture when I walk and incorporate some floor/wall exercises to correct my poor posture.

And of course I will continue to walk because with a Jack Russell and a beach there is no reason why I can't walk 10,000 steps a day.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP and Smell The Roses...

Chance Meeting