Lazy, but not judgmental

 I am taking a happiness course from  (coursera.org) Presented by Laurie Santos, ‘The Science of Well-Being’

The homework suggest you try and use one of your top 5 strengths everyday.  And they gave the following suggestion for creativity.

‘For example, you might write a blog post that is unique because it is entirely gibberish. That’s not going to be useful, so it would not be considered creative”

So, I am going to use my “Judgment.” And apply the VIA Institute on Characters definition.  “Thinking things through and examining them from all sides; not jumping to conclusions, being able to change one’s mind in light of evidence, weighing all evidence fairly.”

A blog written all gibberish might be useful to someone who wants to blog, but is not confident.  The run across said, ‘gibberish blog’ and think, if someone can publish a blog all in gibberish, maybe I can blog.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  The author believes creativity has to benefit self or someone else to be valid.  

I say, that’s gibberish.  If you believe what you are doing adds value to you or someone else, don’t let a stranger be the one to validate your creativity.

Today I used my judgement and my creativity by blogging and creating a tastefully presented breakfast.




Blueberries, banana, pink pineapple and strawberries.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP and Smell The Roses...

Chance Meeting